So I was writing a post and I found out Posterous do not allow me to add zip files in the blog. This is very weird for a blogging website to me. Anyway, being an Engineer helps finding a solution.
This is an era of cloud, you get tons of cloud space from Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box etc. The all provide public and private sharing.
I figure why not make a public folder to any of these clouds and give you the link. Simple.
I choose Google drive just coz I like it.
- Create a folder in Google Drive or your choice of cloud.
- Share it publicly or anyone with the link
- For sake of organizing stuff, I have a separate folder for each blog that needs a zip file since they are child folders of my main shared folder they are automatically shared.
- After I upload I get can get a public access link like this
- After that, I copy the link and link it here. I have just linked a document but you can link anything, a zip folder will be the obvious choice since Posterous does not allow it.
- That’s it. I am now going to continue to my other blog and use this technique there 😛
There is always a way around..
Hope this helps,